Fall Mantle Decor

The Nester is my decorating hero. Seriously. You don't even want to know what my house looked like before I found her blog. Now my friends don't even believe that I used to have trouble decorating. *scoff*. So the Nester is having a fall mantle link up party, and I couldn't refuse the invitation :-) You can also find a fall decor linky party over at Hooked on Houses.












Lots of glitter. I glittered the edges of the roses myself with clear glitter. All the white ones, and 3 of the black ones. I love the addition of the one red rose- it brings so much interest to the arrangement! Actually lighting my candles? Another trick I learned from the Nester. The sparkly gourds on the candle stick holders also made me happy. The tall ones needed a little piece of double sticky tape and they were good to stay.The little glittery head things used to be my mom's. Don't know where they came from, but you could totally paper mache your own. 

I LOVE my ladder above the mantle. We found it in the cellar of the farm house when we moved in. My husband thought he was going to actually use it as a ladder. Silly hubby ;-)

4 comments:

Janae @ Somewhat Couture said...

Oh my! Now I am going to start looking for an old ladder! So cool! Happy Fall!

Jodi @ SewFearless said...

Great now I have another blog to be addicted to. :)

Holly said...

I totally love that ladder too! And what a creative way to use it. Your mantel looks great!

the cape on the corner said...

what a great way to use that ladder! and that's what i'm talkin' bout-i just bought a bunch of candlesticks from the thrift store to add height to little things. love what you did with those little pumpkins.