Purple Front Door

I've been working on my curb appeal this Summer and watching everyone's porches everywhere I drive. Sometimes my swirving would indicate I should be watching the road. Anyway, I think color adds a lot to curb appeal, and I felt like our front door could really use a splash of something bright.

Blah Brown Before Door

Once you go purple, you never go back!

Not bad, huh? I painted it while bouncing the baby in the bouncy chair with one foot. Lol! I love the color and I'm so glad I had the guts to go through with this! It painted on really bright, but dried a nice shade of purple. Shew! You never can tell with paint.

Red would have been the most obvious color choice for a white farmhouse, but I wanted something a little different. And I love me some purple! Yay for colorful curb appeal!

10 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

How fun! I have a white farmhouse with a dark gray roof, and I have considered purple, before, too!

cinnibonbon said...

Totally love this!!! I think that color is fabulous. I'm dying to get a pink door. Thanks for sharing your idea. But we are curent looking for new home, so it will have to wait awhile.
Anyway great job.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Funky! Now that is some colour fun! And what an amazing door. SWOON!!

Donna

Design Love said...

Your door looks amazing....mine is purple as well and I just love it! Your right, you don't go back! I'm a new blogger, you have great stuff on your blog! I'm only hoping mine turns out so well!

Cindy

Randi said...

I love me some purple too! No matter where I live I always have at least one room done in purple or lavender or iris or...they're all good!

René said...

I love a front door with personality.. I recently painted ours too and will post it soon.

-Rene

Renee said...

I love the purple, it looks great!

jen @ {decor junkie} said...

I love bright bold colors in unexpected places! It adds so much personality to your space! What a fun transformation!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

What a welcome your front door gives! I love the new color you used -- it really looks great!

cherry said...

What a brave woman you are..This is way cool..lol
Happy 4th to you and yours
hugs from Savannah, Cherry