Fixing up the Farmhouse

I have been CRAZY busy! We are moving on Sunday to a fabulous old farmhouse built in the year 1900, and we're so excited! However, packing all our stuff while watching 2 tiny tots has been no easy task...

As if packing weren't enough, we decided we needed to paint everything so we would be sure there was no exposed lead paint. So for the last week, I've been painting painting packing painting packing packing painting. Ya. But I do have some great pictures for you guys!

The windows were really the worst off before cleaning and painting...


Then we thought, "Why stop at the windows and the walls?" so we re-sealed the floor.

I'm really glad we did this. We just got some high gloss polyurethane, and brushed it on with one of those lamb head applicator things. It cost $50 for the supplies, but the results were fabulous! The floor was in such bad shape before that even after we mopped, our feet were still turning black. It took us less than 2 hours to do this, and I'm very excited about the results! :-)


Just a little farmhouse eye-candy ;-)
Here's my new living room. I can't wait to get my furniture in there and start arranging! You guys will help me figure out where everything goes, right?

2 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

oh wow! You have such a gorgeous house! I'm not sure you should be allowed to call it a farmhouse! :)

Ours is probably about the same age, but definitely doesn't have the details that yours does! Gorgeous!

And I'm going to follow so I can keep up on your progress!

Design Love said...

Now talk about a great house! I think I'm on the same path as you fixing up a very old farmhouse!!! Nothing like them though....beautiful, beautiful.....

Cindy